Creamy Potato Soup
It's like a big, cozy hug in a bowl - but even better because it's packed with all the good stuff. This recipe was created by and featured on the Gluten Free & More Magazine blog.
1 small white or yellow onion , diced
Kosher or fine sea salt
4 russet potatoes , peeled and diced
4 cups vegetable broth
1 cup milk*
1 (12 ounce) jar House Party, Mild Cheddah flavor
Ground black pepper
Garnishes: Coconut “Bacon” (see below), Sliced green onions, Jalapeno slices
- Heat olive oil in a large stock pot or Dutch oven over medium high heat.
- Add the onion and a large pinch of salt cook, stirring occasionally, until soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and vegetable broth, bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
- Add the milk and cheesy sauce and simmer for about 5 minutes. Blend the soup and taste. Add salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve hot and garnish as desired.
Coconut "Bacon" Ingredients & Instructions
2 tablespoons tamari or gluten free soy sauce
1 tablespoon maple syrup
1 tablespoon gluten free liquid smoke
¼ teaspoon kosher or fine sea salt
3 cups unsweetened coconut chips
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment or a silicon baking mat.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the tamari, maple syrup, liquid smoke, and salt. Add the coconut flakes and toss very well to coat. Spread onto the prepared pan in a single layer.
- Bake for 15–20 minutes, stirring occasionally.Let cool, stirring occasionally while it cools.
- Can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container.